Friday, March 30, 2012

White Sandwich Bread

I ran out of sandwich bread this week and thought, why buy the bread when I can just make it. For this I wanted to just try a plain bread which can be used for egg and cheese sandwiches or french toast. The loaf turned out a little mis-shapened, but that was my fault due to the fact I allowed it to over rise.

Combine all ingredients into a nice dough.



When the dough is being mixed, lightly oil the bowl where the dough will rise.


The kneaded dough.


Place dough in the bowl.


And cover the dough. I use a shower cap. Allow to rise for 1 to 2 hours.


The dough after it has risen for 1 - 2 hours.


Roll into a log and place into a bread pan. Allow to rise 1" above the edge of the pan and place in an oven at 350F for 20 minutes.


The dough right before being placed in the oven. I allowed it to over rise and had to squish it down which caused this weird shape.


After baking for 20 minutes, tent for 15 - 20 minutes to keep the dough from over browning.


The finished loaf.


Another view of the loaf.


Ingredients

1.5 cups of warm milk
1 heaping tablespoon of honey
1 package of dry yeast
1.75 teaspoons of salt
2 tablespoon of unsalted butter, softened
4 cups of all purpose flour

2 comments: