Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookies

It has been a little while since I have made a desert so I thought I was time to make some home made cookies. I only made them from pre-made dough before and have never made them from scratch before so I thought it was a good time to give it a try. For being my first time making them I thought it was a good success.

 

First combine sugars, butter, eggs and vanilla in a bowl. Mix until smooth.


About half way through the mixing process.


When the mix is smooth add baking soda, salt and flour slowly.


The mix after all dry ingredients are mixed in.


 

At this point you can add chocolate chips and / or nuts. I used around a 1/2 cup to a cup of nuts that were crushed. This picture shows the nuts half way through being crushed.


I added a cup of chocolate chips and the nuts and mixed until the chips and nuts are evenly mixed.


Spoon out heaping tablespoon or larger cookies on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 375 F for 10 - 12 minutes or until done.


The finished cookies after baking. Yummy and fresh cookies, what could be better. My butter was a mix of 60% margarine and 40% butter. The more butter you use the flatter and harder the cookie will be. The more margarine in the cookie, the softer, thicker the cookie will be.


Ingredients

1 cup of sugar
1 cup of brown sugar
1 cup of butter (or Margarine or mixture of the two)
2 eggs
1.5 teaspoons of vanilla
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1 teaspoon of salt
3 cups of all purpose flour
12 oz. of chocolate chips
1 cup of nuts (optional)

1 comment:

  1. Didn't know this was your first attempt from scratch. Rock on sir. :)

    ReplyDelete