Wednesday, February 22, 2012

BBQ Chicken Sandwiches

I have always loved BBQ chicken sandwiches but have hated either paying $5 for a small tub of the pre-made stuff or pulling the chicken apart with two forks. However, this technique gets rid of both of my pet peeves, but does require a powerful stand mixer. A hand mixer might work in a pinch, I've just never tried it. I hope all of you enjoy this recipe as much as I do.


All you need for this recipe is come chicken and BBQ sauce. I debated about making my own BBQ sauce but opted for the easier store bought solution.


Take as much chicken as you want an trim of any unwanted fat. This will be your only opportunity to do this easily. As you can see in the picture below I used frozen chicken but fresh would be fine.


Bring water to a boil and add chicken. You want to poach the chicken for around 20 minutes or until done.


Once cooked, add the chicken to the stand mixer and attach the flat beater.


Mix until the chicken is partially pulled then add some BBQ sauce. Mix.


Stop and look at the chicken at this point. Add more sauce as needed for your personal taste. You can add additional spices as wanted as well.


The finished product ready to be enjoyed on a toasted bun with a slice of american cheese. I recommend toasting your bread to keep it from getting soggy when eating. Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment