Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Chicken Kabob

I thought I should post an easy summer recipe that is great to enjoy in the heat. Kabobs are on of my favorite things to enjoy out by a pool. They require a little prep work, but are much better than the store bought versions. The prep work is quickly accomplished when you have a helper to do some of the chopping and assembly as I did with my girlfriend. 


For this recipe the exact ingredients can be changed to fit your personal tastes. I chopped up onions, red peppers, yellow peppers and chicken.


Make sure to make the pieces square in shape and not too thick so the chicken can cook quickly on the grill. If the chicken is cut thick, the vegetables will be burned by the time the chicken is cooked all the way through.


Using skewers, pierce the ingredients in any order you want. You can make a mixtures of metal and vegetables and only vegetables if you would like.


Place on the grill on medium to medium high heat.


Cook completely through.


A nice touch to the meal is a salad. I used fresh greens, carrots, yellow peppers, onions and cherry tomatoes. 


Ingredients

These are VERY flexible for this recipe

1 pound of thin sliced chicken breasts
2 large onions
1 yellow pepper
1 red pepper
Kabob Sticks


1 comment: